The way retirement living was meant to be!
One Peachtree Drive
Savannah, GA, 31419
In a setting of lovely garden courtyards, Savannah Commons offers a gracious setting for independent living and a full continuum for assisted living and memory care. Our property is beautifully landscaped and spacious, with a comfortable neighborhood feel that reflects true Southern hospitality.
At Savannah Commons, you’ll discover this artful balance. Here, you’ll notice genuine friendships between residents, as well as with our caring associates. Special measures have been taken to elevate comfort, beginning with our thoughtfully designed apartment homes. In our community, you’ll find friends and activities that allow you to be as active-or relaxed-as you like. Delicious meals are prepared and served in our beautiful restaurant-style dining room.
Our monthly rental approach offers flexibility, and importantly, no buy-in fee. And should the time come when you need a little support with day-to-day activities, you can easily turn to The Springs, our assisted living program.
Independent Living, the Comforts of Home
Savannah Commons caters to independence and choice. We offer a variety of apartment sizes, in buildings with tastefully appointed common areas and elegant dining rooms. Enjoy outdoor sitting areas or our garden, with a splashing fountain and a reflecting pond stocked with catfish.
Our assisted living and memory care neighborhoods feature beautiful courtyards where residents can grow flowers in raised gardening boxes. We organize a full calendar of fun and stimulating activities and programs, with a variety of events that welcome residents and the outside community. Some of these are part of our acclaimed Healthy Strides program, which enhances physical, mental, and emotional well-being with a variety of fitness, recreational, social, and educational opportunities. Through The Springs assisted living program, we enhance our residents’ self-sufficiency and security in an environment that feels like home. We focus on their abilities, rather than losses, encouraging them along the way. The Springs is designed for people who need a little help with some of life’s daily activities.
The Arbors Memory Care at Savannah Commons
The Arbors at Savannah Commons is carefully designed to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of each resident. Here you’ll discover the right blend of comfort and professional care. We strive to create a peaceful environment in which residents can enjoy themselves more and experience less stress, anxiety, and disorientation. Our staff is specially trained to work with the complexities of Alzheimer’s and related dementias. To assist each resident’s needs, a personalized program is developed based on a “partners in care” approach that involves family, staff, and the residents themselves.
Special Programs and Services
- Healthy Strides health and fitness program with two full-time directors
- Planned activities, including outings, exercise classes, arts and crafts, and cultural and special events
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, activities, and doctor’s appointments
- Beverages and snacks available anytime
- Medication management
- Registered nurse available for health consultation
- 24-hour staffing and emergency assistance
- Regular assessments with resident, family, and physician
- Personalized care plans for residents of The Springs and
- Regular, customized wellness checks
- Personal-care services, including bathing and dressing for residents of The Springs and The Arbors
- Escort services to and from the dining room, activities, and social programs for residents of The Springs and The Arbors
- Coordination of health services, including blood pressure screening, vision and hearing checks, and podiatry services
- Supportive guidance for residents and their families
Your Financial Obligation and Our Commitment To You
We realize that the decision to move into a retirement community can be a difficult one. We dedicate ourselves to making it easier by delivering exceptional quality and value. In fact, we think you will be surprised at the level of service and amenities you receive for our affordable monthly rates. And, unlike some retirement communities, we don’t require a buy-in fee. Simply stated, we are a rental community offering value, flexibility, and convenience.
- Studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartment homes
- Full-size kitchen for independent living
- Convenient kitchenette for assisted living
- Private bath
- Walk-in closet
- Individual climate control
- Private patio
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- 24-hour emergency response system in apartment
- Safety grab bars in bathroom
- Smoke detectors
- Fire sprinklers
- All utilities included except private phone
- Pets allowed (please inquire about our policy)
- We offer a non-smoking facility
(Smoking permitted in designated outside areas)