The Office on Aging is committed to maximizing strength in aging through leadership, advocacy, education and supportive services.
Riverside County Office on Aging
6296 River Crest Drive, Suite K
Riverside, CA, 92507
Riverside County Office on Aging was designated on June 18, 1974, by the Board of Supervisors, as a County Department on Aging for Planning and Service Area (PSA) 21. It serves as the official Area Agency on Aging throughout Riverside County, California.
The Office on Aging is one of fifty-five county departments and is located within the city boundaries of Riverside (West County Office), with satellite offices in Coachella Valley (Palm Desert Office) and in Hemet (Hemet Senior Service Center). Although there are three (3) community-based offices, each office can be contacted by calling one telephone number to handle all inquiries and needs: 1-800-510-2020
The Office on Aging provides the following services:
- Adult Day Care
- Aging & Disability Resource Connection Program (ADRC)
- Care Coordination
- Community Education
- Community Elder Abuse Education
- Disease Prevention
- Fit After 50
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Network of Care
- Ombudsman Services
- Personal Care/Homemaking Services
- Senior Employment
- Senior Helplink
- Surplus Food Distribution
- Volunteer Services
- 911 Senior Emergency Cellular Phone Program
Senior Helplink connects seniors, adults with disabilities, family members, professionals, and the public at large with assistance, referrals, education, and advocacy. The following outlines the scope of Senior Helplink services:
- Information regarding our programs that would assist clients.
- Referral and linkage to Office On Aging Care Coordination Programs.
- Education and advocacy for those who are suffering or know someone who is suffering from elder abuse.
- 211 Riverside County: 2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities in Riverside County. For emergencies, individuals are instructed to dial 9-1-1.
- Outreach, information, enrollment assistance and follow-up to Medicare beneficiaries regarding Medicare Part D. Information and enrollment assistance will be provided through our toll-free information line, at sites the Info Vans visit, at health fairs, and as a part of care management services.
Additionally, Senior Helplink coordinates intake for two unique partnership programs:
- Transportation Reimbursement Information Project (TRIP): A program that reimburses expenses to volunteer drivers who assist seniors with various errands such as doctor visits, grocery shopping, etc.
- Senior Home Repair: A program that provides home repair services to seniors and adults with disabilities.
For more information regarding Senior Helplink call: 1-800-510-2020
The Riverside County Foundation on Aging, a 501(c) (3) public benefit corporation, works to ensure that programs and services provided by the County to its older adults will keep pace with current and future needs. To accomplish this, the Foundation works to strengthen, expand, and support programs offered by the Riverside County Office on Aging. The Foundation also serves as a catalyst for creating innovative public-private sector partnerships to leverage existing resources and develop new solutions to meeting the needs of the County’s older adults, especially those who are underserved and vulnerable.
Reflecting the priorities identified by the Office on Aging, the foundation initiatives address:
- Senior nutrition and hunger
- Accessible transportation
- Affordable housing
- Healthcare and wellness
- Support for senior caregivers
- Workforce and employment
- Quality of life choices for a diverse senior population