General inpatient hospice facility for those who qualify for a more intensive level of care.
Mandrin Inpatient Care Center
3675 Solomons Island Road
Harwood, MD, 20776
The John & Arloine Mandrin Inpatient Care Center is a general inpatient hospice facility for those who qualify for a more intensive level of care. Originally opened in 2006, In 2011, the Mandrin Inpatient Care Center was relicensed as a much needed inpatient care center as an alternative to a hospital admission for our patients.
When patients and their families encounter complex medical needs that cannot be managed at home and would normally require hospitalization, the Mandrin Inpatient Care Center provides an alternative. Situated in a quiet, peaceful environment, patients and families find the comforts of home while simultaneously benefiting from a state-of-the-art hospice care center. The Mandrin Inpatient Care Center team specializes in the art and science of symptom management; therefore symptoms can usually be managed in a brief time span of several days.
The Mandrin Inpatient Care Center provides:
- An alternative to a hospital admission and/or hospital stay for complex medical needs.
- Medical care includes an interdisciplinary team of highly skilled doctors, registered nurses, social workers, counselors, chaplains and volunteers working together to provide the necessary care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Eight private bedrooms and bathrooms; television and telephone in each room; and comfortable chairs and sofas for visiting family members.
- Scheduled meals are prepared on site and family members are encouraged to bring special dishes from home.
- Complementary therapies are also available including Healing Touch and Reiki.
We understand that making hospice decisions can be overwhelming and confusing to patients and their families. Our experienced hospice team members will work with patients and their families directly to determine which level of care is most appropriate based on current prognosis, necessary medical requirements and placement availability.