La Comunidad Hispana Health Center
731 West Cypress Street
Kennett Square, PA, 19348
To empower immigrants and low-income residents of southern Chester County to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive and fulfilling lives.
With access to high-quality, culturally welcoming services, immigrants and low-income residents of Southern Chester County contribute fully to the social vibrancy and economic prosperity of the region.
- We are part of the community we serve.
- We work with our clients as we work for our clients.
- We empower people to help themselves.
- Our doors are open to people of any race, ethnicity, language, country of origin, citizenship, sexual orientation or ability who need our services.
- We provide services in a culturally and linguistically welcoming manner.
- We celebrate the contributions that Latinos and other immigrants make every day to the well-being of Southern Chester County.
- We are all better off when each of us is able to fully participate in community life.
Health Care Services
These relationships encourage patients to take charge of their own well-being. The Health Center provides primary/urgent and prenatal care to approximately 2,000 individuals each year, without regard to their ability to pay.
We emphasize preventive care, both among our patients and in our many community outreach programs. A care manager, health educator and social services staff enhance both direct care and health outreach programs. This model has qualified LCH to be certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 1 Physicians Practice Connections – Patient-Centered Medical Home.
LCH provides Prenatal Care to approximately 150 pregnant women a year. Because so many low income Latinas don’t receive prenatal care at all, or begin care late in pregnancy, this service is vitally important to ensure healthy mothers and babies.
Primary/Urgent Care Services include:
- Physical examinations
- Health screenings and education
- Well baby and child care
- Women’s health care
- Sexually transmitted infection education and screening
- Educational outreach
- Evaluation and treatment of acute episodic illnesses and injuries
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic illnesses including diabetes and hypertension
- Family Planning Services
- Tobacco Cessation Outreach and Counseling
Prenatal Services include:
- Initial evaluation and regular supervision of pregnant patients
- Prenatal health education
- Referral of high-risk patients to area specialists
- Post-partum follow-up