Green Hills Senior Health Center
2001 Woodmont Boulevard
Nashville, TN, 37215
Green Hills Senior Health Center is a non-residential facility offering services through our Adult Day Care Program, Fitness Program, and Rehabilitation Services. These services are designed to promote the health and well being of each participant by addressing their unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our Mission: Green Hills Senior Health Center was established to prevent or delay the premature institutionalization of persons who:
- Wish to remain in the community
- Are at risk of institutionalization due to physical and/or cognitive impairment, and
- Require less than twenty-four hour care
To achieve this objective, Green Hills Senior Health Center provides Adult Day Care Services that enable cognitively and physically impaired persons to function at their maximum and strengthens their family caregivers' abilities and coping skills. Fitness and rehab services create strong bodies and healthy habits that can improve the overall wellness of our members.
Green Hills Senior Health Center is the next best place to home. Our caring, experienced professionals provide structured programs that improve quality of life for seniors. We provide a safe, caring adult day program. We accept individual members and patient referrals.
Why Choose Adult Day Services?
Adult Day Care programs provide an assortment of health, therapeutic, recreational and social services in a supportive setting while also providing a much needed break for caregivers. Adult day care offers a win/win situation for everyone in the family because it brings peace of mind and valuable benefits for all involved.
How Can Green Hills Senior Health Canter Help?
We are committed to providing quality care for your loved one. Coping with change is difficult, no matter how old you are. And the changes that come in later life can be especially challenging. It's tough to face the loss of health, function, and independence. You can help ease these transitions by planning ahead, talking honestly with your loved ones, and getting the support you need.
Daily exercise programs enhance health and happiness. Discussion groups and educational programs provide opportunities for learning and sharing.
At Green Hills Senior Health Center members of all ages can enjoy our many amenities, classes and services which include:
- Cardio and Weight Room (wheelchair accessible)
- Fitness Classes on Land: Muscle Sculpt, Gentle Yoga, Strength Aerobics
- Water Classes: Aquacise, Aqua Arthritis/Fibromylagia
Take The Plunge In Our Warm Water Pool
Our beautiful warm (heated to 88-90 degrees) water saline pool is a unique feature in our fitness center. There are many benefits to warm water especially for seniors. Water exercise is one of the most beneficial, safest and least expensive forms of exercise.
- Water exercise:
- strengthens opposing muscle groups with just one exercise
- increases aerobic endurance improves flexibility
- tones the body
- reduces the fear of falling and re- injuring yourself
- has the same training benefits as low impact aerobics done on land
- Heart and lungs get a good workout with less wear and tear on your body
- is much easier on the joints and muscles
- helps in recovering from illness and/or injury
- Thirty minutes of water walking is equal to about two hours of walking out of the water in calories expended
- The resistance of water is 12x greater then resistance of air
- Warm water helps with arthritis pain and stiffness
- Warm water raises your body temperature, causing your blood vessels to dilate and increase circulation
- Water pressure on the body also helps with circulation
- Helps in recovering from illness and/or injury
- Water's resistance helps build muscle strength
- Some find the warm water very relaxing and a good way to meet new people and enjoy friends.
- Water exercise can lead to mood enhancement, an improved sense of self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment
- People with balance problems (strokes, MS, GBS etc.) are better able to walk in the warm water pool because of the buoyancy of the water getting them stronger so they can walk on land.
Located in the heart of Green Hills, our 20,000 square-foot facility offers a full range of adult day and Rehabilitation services, including:
- Indoor, warm-water therapy pool
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Comprehensive rehabilitation clinic
- Family resource center
- Outdoor greenway
- Mental health screening & assistance
- Personal grooming (hairstyling, manicures & pedicures)