7 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ, 08003
Fox is a private practice of full-time physical, occupational and speech therapists who provide Geriatric House Calls™ — whether in a house, apartment, assisted living residence or adult medical day care. Fox was the first to deliver these services to the older population in their home under Medicare Part B, a model that permits providing the correct intensity and duration of care as indicated by need. Our approach is to recruit the very finest clinicians and allow them the autonomy they need to rehabilitate lives. Our highlights:
- We provide Geriatric House Calls: physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
- We treat patients with cognitive impairments compassionately and with positive outcomes.
- We offer Fox Better Living™ — programs such as Falls Risk Reduction, Community-Based Exercise, and In-Home Safety Assessment.
- We utilize Medicare Part B as our billing foundation.
- We assess patients with evidence-based functional outcome measures.
- We have New Graduate Student Mentor programs with academic institutions such as Temple University, Thomas Jefferson University, New York University, and Arcadia University.
- We recognize our responsibility in applying and generating contributions to our professional body of knowledge through research.
- We celebrate the commitment and dedication of our staff, including many founding clinicians who are still with us today.
- We believe in the power of exercise to restore and in its ability to rehabilitate lives.
Our dedicated physical, occupational and speech therapists help people remember what it is to feel good. To recapture a better quality of life. They do it with inspiration, compassion, encouragement, and the skills they have as professionals in these fields:
PHYSICAL THERAPY is treatment that focuses on improving a person's function, whether it's related to bones, joints, muscles or nerves. Typically, a person's function has been impaired in some manner as a result of an injury, wear and tear, or as part of the aging process. When treating geriatric patients, physical therapists most often treat functional problems such as pain, balance issues, poor endurance, trouble walking and poor muscle strength. They also provide patients with therapeutic programs to retain strength.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY is treatment that focuses on helping a person achieve independence in his or her day-to-day life. Within the geriatric population, occupational therapists typically focus on a person's bathing, dressing, and grooming abilities. Occupational therapists are trained to identify problems in these areas and make recommendations for improvement. At times, equipment recommendations are made including rolling walkers, tub benches, commodes and adaptive eating utensils.
SPEECH THERAPY (Speech-Language Pathology) is treatment that focuses on improving a person's ability to communicate effectively and eat safely. Within the Geriatric population, Speech-Language Pathologists typically focus on speech, language, voice, cognition, and swallowing abilities. It is their job to identify a problem in any or all areas and provide treatment to enhance a person's ability to communicate with family, friends, and doctors, as well as make safe, competent decisions. Speech-Language Pathologists are also skilled specialists in identifying and treating swallowing difficulties that otherwise may go unrecognized. Therapeutic programs, adaptive equipment, and compensatory training are provided, as needed.
To see if physical, occupational or speech therapy is appropriate for you or someone you know, please contact your physician or call us directly at 1 877 407 3422.
Our patients do not have to be homebound or have a skilled nursing need like home health agencies under Medicare Part A. Our Medicare coverage is the same as all other outpatient facilities.
PHILOSOPHY OF STRENGTH
At Fox we believe people are strong. That elderly individuals deserve the best life possible regardless of past and current medical conditions. So Fox was formed to work with the body, encourage the spirit, and respect the person. All in the safe haven of home.
Our therapists are also why Fox is different. They form a bond with patients that honors their medical, personal, social, cultural, physical and functional histories. They help patients find their strength and restore their lives. Moving forward, they assist in retaining the strength patients need to maintain their present healthy lives.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Great therapists working in a great system to achieve great things. When we founded Fox, we didn’t copy the old way. We just did what seemed right. Right for our company. Right for our therapists. But, most of all, right for our patients.
- In-home care. We always visit patients in the comfort of their homes. It’s easier on them and their families without the worry about transport. It also helps our patients relearn in the perfect environment — their home. They can relearn how to bend down to their refrigerator, reach up to their cabinets or walk up their stairs. And remember, our patients do not have to be homebound or have a skilled nursing need like home health agencies under Medicare Part A. Our Medicare coverage is the same as all other outpatient facilities. Our patients don’t have to be treated at home — we just think it’s better that way.
- One-on-one relationships. The same therapist every visit means the opportunity to develop caring relationships that have proven to maximize what therapists can achieve. Patients come to trust their therapist, and therapists learn the abilities and limitations of their patients.
- No “set” number of treatments. To have lasting improved health, one must heal completely. Our services are covered under Medicare Part B. Fox is liberated to provide the correct level and length of care, as dictated by each unique individual’s need.
- Proactive approach. Staying well and strong is much easier than rehabilitating from illness or injury. Why wait until after a fall? Why wait until physical limitations require assistance from a caregiver? Why wait for knee arthritis to result in a disability? Why wait until after a car accident to address driving concerns? Get the help needed to stay strong now.
- Evidence-based programs and treatments. We base everything we do on what works best, not on what’s traditionally done. Fox can hone in on effective treatment because our clinicians specialize in geriatric rehabilitation only. We do in-residence evaluations, home safety assessments and offer treatments in a patient’s own environment.
Unwavering commitment to help our patients live better lives. You deserve no less. Why settle for “some improvement” when you might regain more of the life you love. At Fox our goal is to help you move around your home easier, play with your grandchildren with less or no pain, and regain a place in your community. We want to put quality back into your everyday living.
Toward this goal, we assign a well-trained professional therapist to come to your home to observe, create a plan of care and set goals specific to your individual environment.