Professional Geriatric Care Management & Home Care Serving El Dorado County and the Sacramento Region.
Elder Options, Inc.
82 Main Street
Placerville, CA, 95667
Recognizing the value of geriatric care management, Elder Options, Inc. was established by Carol S. Heape, MSW, CMC, Executive Director in 1988. The home care component was developed shortly thereafter to complement care management in meeting the needs of older adults and their families.
Services and staff have grown and include credentialed experts in social work, nursing, mental health and gerontology with two locations serving northern California and northern Nevada.
- Free information & referral (call, come in or email us)
- Family meetings with professional geriatric care manager
- Home Visits
- Home Care Employees – Personal Care Attendants
- Complete Psychosocial Assessments
- Care Planning with Recommendations
- Medication Reminders and Monitoring
- Access & Coordination with Community Resources
- Care Management Monitoring
- Money Management
- Placement Evaluation
- Community Education
Full Service Professional Care Management
PGCMs are credentialed professionals with degrees in Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing or Human Services. Our Certified Care Managers (CMC) have earned a national certification recognized after meeting the education, experience requirements and passing the national exam. PGCMs have extensive knowledge of costs, quality, government entitlements, eligibility, community resources and availability of services for older adults.
Elder Options' PGCMs :
- Are members of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM)
- Conduct thorough assessments to identify issues, eligibility and needs.
- Develop a plan of care that considers safety, cost & client wishes.
- Monitor all community services including in-home provider employees.
- Identify and assist with health, financial or legal issues.
- Conduct family meetings to address family/client issues & lend support to family caregivers.
- As necessary, help with transition to next level of care including all aspects of moving.
- Are working on or have met the requirements necessary for the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM).
82 Main Street