14900 Interurban Ave S
Seattle, WA, 98168
Since 1999 CareForce has provided the support that has allowed over 2,700 seniors and persons with chronic or disabling illness to continue their routine in the comfort of their own home. Offering the combination of home care, home health care and geriatric care management, CareForce is able to adapt to the needs of our clients as their care requirements change over time. CareForce is A family-owned company, CareForce is known for its care without compromise, exceptional customer service and extraordinary employees. Guided by its mission, professional ethics and family values, CareForce serves the greater Seattle area throughout King County and Snohomish County. The local owners of CareForce have Masters Degrees in Nursing and Social Work from Washington universities. These founders have over 65 years of professional health care experience and are committed to continuous improvement of the services CareForce provides.
Any care that you may receive from CareForce will be carefully planned and supervised by you and one of our home care RN's or MSW's. This is one of the reasons that CareForce has been recognized by Seattle Magazine's Washington Senior Living Guide, 2010-11 as “Best in Home Health Care, Home Care”.
Deciding if or how in-home care should be provided to you or a loved one can be one of the most important, yet confusing decisions you may face with advancing age or changes in health status. Many people have limited knowledge about the types of care available, and the issues to consider in selecting an in home care provider. This decision can be challenging at best and frustrating, frightening or overwhelming at its worst. Often, our clients in the Seattle, Bellevue or Everett area face this decision during a time when there are a host of other concerns in their lives. We believe that you should make your decision with as much information as you need, and without pressure or obligation.
CareForce In Home Care Specialists are available to listen carefully to understand your situation when you call from anywhere in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, and the surrounding areas. Our Home Care Specialists are trained to help you fully explore the care options available to you. If it appears that home care is appropriate, we can arrange an on-site assessment at your convenience.
Our Registered Nurse or Masters Level Social Worker will come to your home or care facility to provide you with a professional assessment at no charge, and with no obligation. Our Registered Nurse or MSW will:
- Listen carefully to your needs, preferences, ideas and concerns and answer any questions you may have. It is our goal to help you thoughtfully explore the care options available to you.
- Professionally evaluate your situation, and discuss her recommendations with you and your loved ones. Should you decide that Home Care with CareForce is the best option for you, our nurse will work with you to develop an individualized, detailed plan of care to safely meet your needs. Your input is important to us as we develop a plan of care that is easy to understand and meets your expectations.
- With this home care plan in place, we can finalize all arrangements so that care can begin when you wish.
If you choose CareForce, you can trust that we have screened your caregivers meticulously to meet our rigorous hiring standards and to match your specific needs. Supervision of your caregivers will be done by Registered Nurses or Masters Level Social Workers to ensure that you receive the best in home care available in the greater Seattle area. To provide you with even more peace of mind, all our caregivers are covered by general and professional liability insurance, as well as security bonding whenever they are on assignment. CareForce only hires licensed Nursing Assistants with professional experience to serve as caregivers for our valued clients in the Puget Sound area. Even though it is not required by Washington's laws or regulations, all of our caregiving professionals have and must maintain current certification in First Aid and CPR, and a current TB screening test on file. CareForce offers our in home caregivers industry leading compensation, benefits, and incentives to earn the loyalty, reliability, and commitment your home care deserves.
Home Care is assistance with those tasks that allow people to remain safely in the comfort of their own home. Most of us prefer to stay in our own homes when faced with health problems or limitations due to aging or disability. A few brief visits from a caregiver might suffice in some situations, while others may need and request 24-hour care to remain safely at home. Temporary Home Care can help when a regular caregiver is away, or when care needs increase while recovering from an illness, injury or surgery. Others may require ongoing Home Care services to assist them with more chronic conditions or persistent limitations. Schedules are tailored to meet each client’s individual needs and preferences. Professional caregivers assist with the non-medical tasks that a person cannot safely or comfortably do alone.
The type of help usually provided by Home Care aides includes:
- Personal Care – Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, toileting, ambulation, transfers, positioning, exercise and medication reminders and assist
- Household Tasks – Meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, shopping, pet care, errands as needed
- Companionship – Provide a listening ear, cheerful conversation, and a caring heart while working around the house, escorting and driving on trips to the doctor, hairdresser, house of worship, the home of a friend, or recreational outings
- Respite – Fill in for a regular caregiver when they are unable to work due to illness, vacation, or other much needed time away
- Hourly Home Care may be scheduled for periods as short as four hours (minimum shift length), or for shifts as long as 12 hours by a single caregiver. The caregiver will provide care and companionship while completing the duties specified on the individual plan of care. You may order hourly care intermittently or on a regular basis up to 24 hours per day.
- Live-In Care can be scheduled if the caregiver has reasonable sleeping accommodations, can expect to sleep through the night, and will have breaks from work during the day. This combines the constant supervision by a professional caregiver with a great deal of attention to the care plan each day, while being less expensive than keeping caregivers on wakeful duty round the clock.
- 10-Hour Overnight Companion Care Srvices are an overnight stay by a caregiver who will assist you with routine bedtime and early morning tasks, and also be available to provide security and peace of mind in case of emergency during the night. Like Live In Care, the caregiver should be able to sleep through the night.
- Nurse Delegation allows our caregivers to receive special authority to administer some medications or do some procedures that might otherwise require a family member or other medical professional to be present. This can be very helpful when your loved one can no longer take medications without assistance. Nurse Delegation requires client and caregiver specific training on tasks that are usually only performed by licensed nurses. It has been practiced for years in Washington’s adult family homes, but was only authorized for Home Care Agencies in 2003.
Services “By the Visit” provide care or assistance with a defined set of tasks that can be accomplished easily in a brief visit. We offer the following types of visits:
- Bath Visit
- Meal with Companion
- Morning Rise and Shine and
- Fluff and Tuck