100 Burnham Road
Brandon, MS, 39042
Our facility is managed to offer nursing and convalescent care. Our dedicated staff responds to problems or sudden emergencies with sensitivity and skill. Our nurses carefully monitor each resident’s physical condition and personal comfort. Our dietary department provides nutritious, appetizing meals carefully prepared, then served in a clean and comfortable dining room. All accommodations are well maintained and well appointed. The quality of life for our residents is as important to us as is the quality of their care.
We believe in attentive service. We have carefully selected a staff that we feel will be caring, honest in their judgments, and eager to make each resident’s stay pleasurable. Our employees understand the importance of a kind word, a gentle touch, and the healing power of a smile. They must not only be competent, but also compassionate. We are committed to the comfort and well being of all residents.
You can rest assured that our nursing staff is available at any time day or night to provide skilled nursing care to residents. Our nurses manage both chronic and acute conditions combining the best in nursing practice with compassion and skill.
Our nursing staff includes:
- Registered Nurses (RNs) who monitor health status and manage and administer medication
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who work under the direction of the RN to carry out basic care.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who work closely with residents, often helping with activities of daily living.
Our team will provide:
- Skilled Nursing Services: Supervisory nursing care inclusive of an around the clock presence. Includes wound care, pain management, tube feeding, and care after surgery.
- Long Term Care: Continuous nursing care for the management of chronic health conditions such as Parkinson’s, diabetes, COPD, and chronic heart conditions.
- Assisted Living: Provides nursing care, help with activities of daily living, recreation and activities, meals, housekeeping and maintenance services.
- Nutritional Services: Registered dieticians design a full meal plan to cater to each resident’s individual needs.
- Hospice Care: On-site compassionate care for pain management and comfort care near the end of life. The emphasis is on caring, not curing. It involves symptom management coupled with emotional and spiritual support. Care is tailored to each individual resident’s needs and wishes, while support is provided to family members and loved ones in the process.
Recovery from surgery such as a hip or knee replacement or a medical event such as a stroke can move along much more quickly in a rehabilitation setting. Nursing care combined with rehabilitation services are best suited to ensure smooth transitions from hospital to care facility and from care facility to home.
Our Therapeutic Approach
Our therapists are aware of the challenges residents face when they begin a course of therapy to regain skills and abilities after orthopedic replacement surgery. The days can be tiring and discouraging at times. That’s why our therapists take a kind and steady approach to motivate each resident to progress and recover as fully as possible after an injury, medical event or surgery.
Our physical therapists treat residents with both firmness and encouragement as they progress with the hard work needed to regain strength and mobility after an illness or surgery. We develop an individualized therapy plan for each rehab patient that respects the individual challenges facing each patient, with a goal of ensuring a smooth transition home.
Our occupational therapists focus on helping our residents eventually manage as independently as they can the activities of daily living. We work with our patients on the skills necessary for walking, bathing, dressing, eating and other common household activities, again with a goal of making the return home safe and comfortable.
Going home without a plan is like leaving town without a map! Prior to discharge from rehabilitation, we conduct a home evaluation and assess what needs to be done to help ensure that going home will include the modifications and assistance necessary for a safe return.