We provide the best possible experience regardless of a person’s need for short-term rehabilitation or loving long term residency.
Autumn Care Of Chesapeake
715 Argyll Street
Chesapeake, VA, 23320
Just imagine your loved one enjoying fresh air on a large porch overlooking our beautiful landscaped yard in the heart of Chesapeake, VA. Perhaps we will not be able to exactly replicate the personal home of our special residents, but here at Autumn Care, it can be a home away from home. We want to provide the best possible experience regardless of a person’s need for short-term rehabilitation or loving long term residency. We are prepared to make special accommodations to ensure our resident’s satisfaction.
Some of our amenities include:
- Private and semi-private rooms with private bathrooms
- Four separate units or “neighborhoods” with no more than 30 residents to a unit. Each unit has a dining room and sitting room with a large flat screen television and fireplace
- Scheduled daily activities to engage mind and body
- Two formal dining rooms for families to enjoy a meal with their loved ones in a private setting
- Spacious community room with flat-screen television, grand player piano, and a calming atmosphere to enjoy conversation
- In-house and outpatient therapies of the highest quality, including occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- Physicians on staff and available for medical intervention at all times
Moving into a rehab/nursing home is a process. Autumn Care of Chesapeake is here to make that process as smooth and easy as possible. This is a new beginning, a journey for both residents and their families.
Autumn Rehab was founded in 2001 to serve the residents of Autumn Care with the provision of in-house physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology. Since then, our services have expanded to encompass contracts with other skilled nursing and rehab facilities, and outpatient care.
Autumn Rehab is committed to providing the highest quality rehabilitation services for each individual patient we serve. This approach allows patients the opportunity to achieve their full potential for independence, self-esteem, dignity and quality of life.
Physical Therapy improves ambulation, mobility, balance, transfers, range of motion, and manages pain. They provide patient instruction in skilled techniques to improve ability to walk, climb stairs, and increase physical stamina.
Physical Therapists assess the need for specialized braces or equipment that improves self-reliance with ambulation and mobility.